Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, is a type of surgery aimed at reducing weight in overweight or obese people. There are many experienced surgeons and clinics in the Turkeywho perform this type of operation.
One of the most commonly performed weight loss surgeries is the stomach reduction, also known as Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery. This surgery reduces the size of the stomach, allowing patients to eat less and eat faster. Another common procedure is gastric tube surgery, which involves turning the stomach into a small tube to reduce the amount of food a patient can eat.
During the Turkey there are also many experienced surgeons who use the laparoscopic technique, which uses small incisions for the surgery. This reduces the patient's suffering and speeds up recovery.
If you decide to have bariatric surgery in Turkey, you should make sure that the clinic and the surgeon have sufficient experience in this field. It is also important that you fully understand the potential risks and complications of the procedure and discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon.
In general, bariatric surgery can help reduce weight and improve associated health problems in overweight or obese people. There are many experienced surgeons and clinics in Turkey that perform this type of surgery. However, it is important to do thorough research and consider all possible risks and complications before deciding to have surgery.
Checklist for a successful Bariatric Surgery in Turkey: What you need to know and consider
Before the operation:
- Research experienced surgeons and clinics in Turkey performing bariatric surgery
- Meet a detailed consultation with the surgeon to clarify all questions and discuss all possible risks and complications of the procedure
- Make sure you have all the necessary exams and tests to ensure you are suitable for the surgery
- Tell your surgeon about all medications, supplements, and herbs you are taking
- Prepare for changes in your diet and exercise habits that will be required after surgery
After the operation:
- Follow the surgeon's and nursing staff's instructions carefully to ensure a successful recovery
- Avoid physical exertion and lifting of heavy objects for a period of time after surgery
- Follow a special diet recommended by your surgeon
- Check in with your surgeon and nursing staff regularly to make sure everything is going well
- Be patient with yourself and give yourself enough Timeto recover from the operation
It's important to note that results and recovery may vary from patient to patient, and it's important to follow the directions of the treating physician and nurse.
Bariatric Surgery: An Overview of How It Works
Bariatric surgery, bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, is a type of surgery aimed at reducing a person's weight and improving associated health problems. There are different types of bariatric surgery that can be selected based on the needs of the patient.
- One of the most common weight loss surgeries is gastric bypass surgery. The procedure involves using a valve or ring to create a small stomach pouch to reduce the amount of food a patient can eat. The small intestine then connects to this small stomach pouch, reducing the absorption of calories and nutrients.
- Another frequently performed procedure is gastric sleeve surgery. In this procedure, part of the stomach is removed to create an envelope that can only hold small amounts of food.
- A third type of bariatric surgery is the gastric band. In this procedure, a band is placed on the stomach to reduce the amount of food the patient can eat.
All of these procedures usually require general anesthesia and come with their own risks and potential complications. Patients are usually hospitalized for several days to ensure they recover from the surgery without complications.
It is important to note that bariatric surgery is only a weight loss tool. It also requires long-term lifestyle changes, including a healthy diet and regular exercise, to maintain weight and improve health.
Bariatric Surgery: Everything You Need to Know - Questions and Answers
What is bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, is a type of surgery designed to reduce a person's body weight and improve associated health problems.
What types of bariatric surgeries are there?
When is bariatric surgery an option?
Bariatric surgery is often considered for people with a BMI of 40 or greater, or a BMI of 35 or greater with at least one comorbid condition, such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease.
What are the risks and possible complications of bariatric surgeries?
How Long Does Recovery Take After Bariatric Surgery?
Recovery time varies depending on the type of surgery and the patient's medical condition, but it usually takes several weeks for patients to fully recover and return to their normal work or others Activities can return.
How Much Weight Can a Person Lose Through Bariatric Surgery?
The amount of weight a person can lose with bariatric surgery depends on the type of surgery and the patient's medical condition, but usually patients are able to lose most of their excess weight.
Can Bariatric Surgery Cure Comorbidities Like Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease?
Yes, bariatric surgery can help speed healing from comorbidities like diabetes and cardiovascular disease because it can aid in weight loss and improve overall health.
What Are the Long-Term Success Rates of Bariatric Surgery?
The long-term success rate of bariatric surgery is very high. Studies have shown that most patients are able to maintain their weight over the long term and that comorbidities such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease improve.
Can you eat normally again after bariatric surgery?
Yes, you can return to eating normally after bariatric surgery, but it's important to follow the specific directions from your doctor and nutritionist for best results and to avoid complications.
How Much Does Bariatric Surgery Cost in Turkey?
Bariatric surgery prices in Turkey vary depending on the type of surgery, hospital and doctor. However, it is generally cheaper than other countries, making Turkey a popular destination for patients wishing to undergo bariatric surgery. It is recommended to contact the hospital or doctor directly for more accurate pricing information.
The Best Bariatric Surgery Clinics in Turkey: An Overview
- Acibadem Maslak Hospital, Istanbul: One of the leading hospitals in Turkey specializing in bariatric surgery and other areas such as heart and cancer treatment. It has the latest medical technology and experienced doctors.
- Memorial Sisli Hospital, Istanbul: A world-renowned hospital offering a wide range of medical services including bariatric surgery. It has experienced doctors and a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Florence Nightingale Hospital Istanbul: One of the leading private hospitals in Istanbul specializing in bariatric surgery as well as other areas such as oncology and orthopedics. It has the latest medical technology and experienced doctors.
- Medicana International Istanbul Hospital: A modern hospital offering a wide range of medical services including bariatric surgery. It has experienced doctors and a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Anadolu Medical Center, Eskişehir: A modern hospital offering a wide range of medical services including bariatric surgery. It has experienced doctors and a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Ankara Liv Hospital: One of the leading hospitals in Ankara specializing in bariatric surgery and other areas such as heart and cancer treatment. It has the latest medical technology and experienced doctors.
- Baskent University Hospital, Ankara: A renowned hospital offering a wide range of medical services including bariatric surgery. It has experienced doctors and a high level of patient satisfaction.
- University Hospital Adana Cukurova: A renowned hospital offering a wide range of medical services including bariatric surgery. It has experienced doctors and a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Duzce University Hospital: A renowned hospital offering a wide range of medical services including bariatric surgery.
- Ankara Gazi University Hospital: A renowned hospital offering a wide range of medical services including bariatric surgery. It has experienced doctors and modern medical technology. These clinics are just a few examples of well-known institutions that offer bariatric surgery in Turkey. It's important to research the different options carefully and consult with a qualified doctor to make the best choice for your individual needs.
It is important to note that it is important to educate yourself thoroughly to ensure you choose the right clinic and a qualified and experienced cosmetic surgeon. It's also wise to get multiple opinions and research past patient experiences before making a decision.
Note: All information on our website is of a general nature and is for informational purposes only. They are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified physician or healthcare professional. If you have a health condition or are unsure about which treatment is best for you, please be sure to seek the advice of a qualified doctor or healthcare professional. Do not use the information provided on our website to diagnose or treat on your own.