Gazipaşa is in Summer one of the most popular places for nature tourism in Antalya and is small. Recent rapid urbanization has greatly increased the region's access to natural and historical beauty.
In bezug auf History and natural beauty, it offers relatively few options compared to other areas. However, every natural wonder it contains has at least one day of exploration. The fact that Gazipaşa at Alanya limits, allows points of interest & sights not only in the area, but also from the surrounding area.
Gazipasa Travel Guide
The coast of Gazipaşa District is the natural habitat of Caretta Carettas, a place that has survived by preserving its natural beauty since ancient times. Although it is small and only a limited number of attractions has the beauties it contains are in Antalya and the Turkey popular.
Arrive & Depart Gazipaşa
Gazipasa in the east of Antalya is one of the places where tourism has been developing in recent years. The city's economy is usually based on trade and has many attractions.
In terms of transportation, apart from land transportation, air transportation is also possible since the airport is nearby. Gazipaşa is located east of Antalya, surrounded by Alanya to the northwest, Mersin and Anamur to the east and Karaman and Ermenek to the northeast. Road traffic through the area is guaranteed as the Taurus Mountains are just behind the city and 182 km from the center of Antalya.
Many major German and Turkish airlines fly to Gazipaşa. Direct flights to Gazipaşa cost between 70 and 300 euros, depending on the season. Detailed Airport information for Gazipaşa Airport are available on our partner site Airportdetails.de
Shared Transfer: The shuttle bus will pick you up at the airport and take you and other passengers to your hotel. You pay one price per person on the bus and the journey takes longer because you have to wait for other passengers at the airport and stop at several hotels. If you have booked a package tour with Hotel Transfer, you will also wait for other passengers at the airport and drive to several hotels on the way to the hotel.
Private Transfer: Your own driver will pick you up at the airport terminal exit and take you directly to the hotel. Because you pay one price per trip, a private transfer for three people in the car is only slightly more expensive than one collection bus.
Taxi: If your Hotel in Alanya is located, you can also take a taxi. Most prices are listed on a price board, so you don't have to worry about the fare.
Car rental in Gazipasa
It is very convenient to have a car from Gazipasa Airport to rent to the surrounding bathing resorts.
The prestigious major Internationals and Nationals Car rental companies have offices directly at the airport and their stands are located at the exit of the terminal.
Especially in summer you should book a car as early as possible, as demand is always very high.
Hotel in Gazipasa
Hotel prices in Gazipasa, which is distinguished by its natural beauty, may vary, but you can have a comfortable vacation. If you book in advance, you can choose a holiday package at a much cheaper price in a hotel that offers better facilities than others.
In Gazipasa you will find many fully equipped apartments that can be booked through AirBnB.
Attractions in Gazipasa
- Sapadere Canyon (Sapadere Kanyonu): Despite being within regional borders, Alanya remains a top choice for day trips and camping in Gazipasa. It is located in the Sapadere district, 39 km from Gazipasa city center.
- Delik Deniz & Kral Bay: The entrance area of Delik Deniz and Kral Bay is described as a hidden paradise within the limits of Güneykoy village in Gazipasa. It doesn't have a huge area. It has a small coast and a rocky one Beach.
- World Cave of Lies (Yalan Dünya Mağarası): Located on the Mediterranean coast, the No. 1 cave for cave tourism, Yalan Dunya Cave is located within the boundaries of the Beyrebucak district of Gazipasa, 10 kilometers east of the city center.
- Cave of the Dwarfs (Cüceler Mağarası): Another place worth seeing when visiting the Sapadre Gorge is the Dwarf Caves. It is located in Sapadere District, 37 kilometers from the center of Gazipaşa District, northwest of the district center.
- Ancient city of Selinus (Selinus Antik Kenti): The ancient city of Selinus, one of the oldest settlements, is located south of the district center within the boundaries of Gazipasakoru district. Its location on the coast made it an important port city in ancient times.
- Ancient city of Nephelis (Nephelis Antik Kenti): Another historical point near Muzkent is the ancient city of Nephelis. It is 16 kilometers southeast of Gazipasa. The city was built in typical Cilician architecture and was later besieged by the Romans and Byzantines, which is also reflected in its architecture.
- Antiocheia Ad Cragum Ancient City (Antiocheia Ad Cragum Antik Kenti): Antiocheia Ad Cragum Ancient City is one of the rare places where history meets nature within the boundaries of Gazipasa's Muzkent District.
- Gazipasa Port (Gazipasa Limanı): The boat pier in Gazipaşa Port is located 3 km west of Gazipaşa city center. Gazipasa port is small compared to other ports in Antalya. Today it serves as a pier. There are many restaurants, cafes and shops around the port. Due to its landscape, it is also a very popular place for evening walks.
Activities in Gazipasa
- Watersports: There are many offers such as parasailing, diving, surfing, jet skiing, rafting and more.
- Jeep tour: Explore the Taurus Mountains by off-road jeep, visit hilltop villages and ancient ruins.
- tandem paraglider: Jump from Taurus Mountains and enjoy the amazing view.
- Rafting: Rafting in Koprulu Canyon is the perfect way to cool off with lots of action in summer.
- bazaar: Visiting the bazaar in Alanya is part of the trip to Turkey. You will find everything you can imagine there.
- the Hammam: Enjoy an afternoon in the Turkish bath, massage and scrub.
- Turkish night: Turkish Night offers a combination of folk dance, drama, music, belly dancing and food.
- Nightlife: The nightlife in Alanya takes place in the old town. You will also find many good restaurants, bars and Nargile "Shisha" bars.
- Hiking: Travel to abandoned ruins, deserted glades and small villages in the Taurus Mountains.
- Alanya Teleferik cable car: The cable car in Alanya is 900 m long and leads to Ehmedek citadel 300 m above the castle.
Excursions from Gazipasa
- Lamos Adanda Ancient City (Lamos Adanda Antik Kenti): Lamos Adanda Ancient City is located in Gazipasa Adanda Village and is built on a mountain with a steep slope. It reflects the history of Silesia, which goes back to the 4th century BC in particular. dates back to
- Iotape Ancient City (İotape Antik Kenti): The ancient city of Iotape is seafront and is located in İmamlı Mahallesi between Alanya and Gazipasa. The distance to the center of Gazipasa is 9 km. IV. The city was given the name of the woman of Antioch. In the city are many ruins from the Roman and Byzantine periods Time to see.
- Bıçkıcı Monastery (Bıçkıcı Manastırı): Bıçkıcı Monastery is located 6 km north-west of the center of Gazipaşa District in Kahyalar District and is difficult to access due to its hilltop location.
- Alanya: 300 days of sunshine a year, a beautiful castle hill, excellent restaurants, blue sea, ancient ruins and much more make Alanya one of the most popular cities in Turkey.
- Cape Anamur: Cape Anamur is the eastern end of Turkey Riviera. This resort is quite unknown to foreign tourists. The famous sights of Cape Anamur are the ruins of Anamurion and the fortress of Mamure Kalesi. On a clear day you can see the mountains of North Cyprus from the hills of Anamur.
- Manavgat Waterfall: Manavgat Waterfall is located in Manavgat District of Antalya. It is one of the most important waterfalls in Turkey. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, the waterfall is a suitable route for a day trip.
- Castle of Alara: Alara Castle was built in the Seljuk period and its history can be traced back to around 1230. The main feature of Alara Castle, which differs from other castles, is that it is difficult to reach.
Beaches in Gazipasa
With a coastline of around 50 kilometers, Gazipasa has the most rugged coastline in Antalya. Although very high, rocks and steep slopes are spread over a wide area. As a result, only about half created an environment suitable for swimming.
- Koru Beach and Natural Pools (Koru Plajı ve Doğal Havuzlar): This beach is one of the best places to observe the natural life of fish as its water is very clear. A variety of fish can be seen between the natural pools. Also, part of the beach has been protected due to the spawning of the Caretta Caretta.
- Aysultan Ladies Beach (Aysultan Kadinlar Plajı): Located in the Kahyalar district of Gazipaşa, the beach is exclusively for women. The sea has a very wavy and abruptly deepened structure. The bottom of the beach consists of rocks, fine sand and pebbles. It is completely surrounded by steep slopes.
- Selinus Beach (Selinus Plajı): The beach is named after the ancient city of Selinus. The width of the 2,5 km long beach is 150 meters. On the left is the ancient city of Selinus, on the right is a cave.
- Bidi Bidi Beach (Bıdı Bıdı Beach): Another beach in Gazipasa Koru district is Bıdı Bıdı Beach. Almost the same characteristics are present compared to the beaches of the entire region. It has a beach partially covered with fine pebbles.
- Kizilin Beach (Kizilin Plajı): Kızılin Beach is located in Cumhuriyet district of Gazipasa. The average length of the beach is 500 meters. To the right is a steep rocky slope.
- Muzdeniz Beach (Muzdenizi Plajı): Muzdeniz Beach lies within the boundaries of Ekmel District of Gazipaşa and is known for providing a natural habitat for Caretta Carettas. Sea turtles flock to this beach at certain times of the year to lay their eggs.
Bars, pubs and clubs in Gazipaşa
Compared to the rest of Antalya, Gazipaşa is quieter and more decent and has always been passive in terms of entertainment life. While tourism has grown rapidly in other regions, tourism investment in Gazipasa has recently increased and construction of new facilities has started.
Eat in Gazipasa
It is a pleasure to taste local dishes in Gazipaşa. Quality seafood can also be found at restaurants along the waterfront.
Shopping in Gazipasa
At Gazipaşa you can buy local products for you and your loved ones. Souvenirs you can buy include magnets depicting Gazipasa's natural landscape, local ornaments, leather goods, pomegranates, and bananas.
How much does a vacation in Gazipaşa cost
Since the costs vary greatly depending on the season and your own preferences, only the average costs are considered here.
Package tour with all inclusive 1 week
- from €300 in the off-season
- from €450 in high season
- from €700 in high season in a 4-star hotel
- Budget hotel or guesthouse with Breakfast: €15 to €30 per day
- Mid-range hotel with all inclusive: €40 to €80 per day
- Hostel: €10 to €20
- AirBnB: own room from €10, own apartment from €50
- Return flight from Germany to Gazipaşa: €70 to €500, depending on the season and airline
- Airport transfer in a collective bus: €10 to €20
- Taxi to the airport: 15 € to 20 € within Gazipaşa, private transfer in Gazipaşa around 25 €, private transfer to all seaside resorts around 60 € (to Alanya much more)
Eat, Drinks and other:
- Restaurant in tourist area, main course: €7 to €25
- Local restaurant, main course: €3 to €10
- Street food: Simit 50 cents, Rotary €1,50, corn on the cob 50 cents, Dürüm €1,50
- Glass wine in the restaurant: €3
- Glass of beer: €2,50
- Cocktails: from €8
- Bottle of water in store: 50 cents
- Groceries in stores: around 20% cheaper than in Germany
- Food at the bazaar: fruit and vegetables are 40% cheaper than in Germany
- Budget: €40 to €70 per day
- Mid-range: €60 to €100 per day
- High end: from €140 per day
Climate table, weather and the ideal travel time for Gazipaşa
Gazipaşa has a Mediterranean Climate & Environment with hot and dry summers and mild winters.
|Month||Temperature:||More||Hours of sunshine||Rainydays|
|January||5 - 15 ° C||17 ° C||4||12|
|February||7 - 15 ° C||18 ° C||5||11|
|March||8 - 18 ° C||19 ° C||7||10|
|April||10 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|Mai||15 - 27 ° C||22 ° C||10||7|
|June||20 -32 ° C||23 ° C||12||3|
|July||23 - 35 ° C||25 ° C||12||1|
|August||24 - 35 ° C||28 ° C||10||1|
|September||20 - 32 ° C||26 ° C||9||2|
|October||16 - 28 ° C||22 ° C||8||7|
|November||15 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|December||7 - 16 ° C||17 ° C||5||13|
High season, June to September:
In summer, Gazipaşa has a constant 30° during the day, the sun is shining and there is sometimes a light breeze. In the summer months it rains maybe a maximum of one day a month. September is the ideal Weather for a beach vacation.
Low season, April and May:
April starts with 20° warm weather. The sea is still 20° and towards May it warms up quite quickly. Bring a sweater or light jacket on April nights as it can be windy and chilly at times.
Even in October, the thermometer still reaches 30° for many days and it rarely rains.
Winter, long-term leave and Moving abroad
Along with the surrounding seaside resorts, Alanya is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Turkey for long-term winter vacations. In addition, tens of thousands of German immigrants have now settled in the province of Antalya. Alanya has a very mild winter climate. The temperature is rarely below 10°. Even in January it can sometimes get over 20° warm and sunny.
Questions and answers about Gazipaşa
Where is Gazipaşa and how to get there?
The place is about 170 kilometers southeast of the city center of Antalya. In terms of transportation, apart from land transportation, air transportation is also possible since the airport is nearby.
How is Gazipaşa sea?
The sea has a rather wavy and suddenly deepened structure. The beach bottom consists of rocky, fine sand and pebbles. Surrounded by totally steep slopes around.
How far is Alanya from Gazipaşa?
The center of Alanya is about 45 kilometers away from Gazipaşa.