Nov (türkisch: Eyebrow) is one of Antalya's holiday paradises with a beautiful natural landscape and sea. Kas is a paradise not only in terms of historical places but also in terms of natural places.
Kas Travel Guide
As for sea tourism, Kas is one of the most popular places in Antalya and is inundated with local and foreign tourists.
Arrive & Depart Kas
you reach Shield by plane. For air travel, Dalaman Airport, which is connected to Mugla, is the first choice due to its proximity.
Almost all major German and Turkish airlines fly to the airports in the region. Direct flights to the Turkish riviera cost between 70 and 300 euros, depending on the season.
Shared Transfer: The shuttle bus will pick you up at the airport and take you and other passengers to your hotel. You pay one price per person on the bus and the journey takes longer because you have to wait for other passengers at the airport and stop at several hotels. If you have booked a package tour with Hotel Transfer, you will also wait for other passengers at the airport and drive to several hotels on the way to the hotel.
Private Transfer: Your own driver will pick you up at the airport terminal exit and take you directly to the hotel. Because you pay one price per trip, a private transfer for three people in a car is only slightly more expensive than a shared bus.
Car rental in Kas
It is very convenient to rent a car from Dalaman Airport to the surrounding seaside resorts.
The reputable major international and national car rental companies have offices right at the airport and their stands are located at the exit of the terminal.
Just in Summer you should book a car as early as possible, as demand is always very high.
Hotel in Kas
Kas hotels are in demand by thousands of domestic and foreign tourists every year as they offer a variety of hotels and accommodation suitable for all walks of life. The facilities in downtown Kas await you in lovely guest rooms, often used as boutique hotels and bed and breakfast concepts.
Things to do in Kas
Apart from ancient cities, there are few in Kaş Historic Buildings. these are pirha, an important historical village, and the lion sarcophagus, the symbol of Kaş.
- Old town: For history buffs is one of the interesting ones attractions the Lycian sarcophagus in the heart of the old town.
- Antipellos Amphitheater: The theater is located among olive trees just west of Kas town centre.
- Kastellorizo Island (Girl / Megisti): The island belongs to Greece and is only 3 kilometers away from Kas. From the ports of Kas and Fethiye ships regularly go to ports on the other side of the coast.
- Kyaneai Ruins: Kyaneai was originally a Greek city. Later it belonged to the Lycian League, to the Roman Empire and finally to Byzantium. The tour to the well-preserved ancient city ruins is organized from Kas.
Activities in Kas
- Diving: One of the most famous diving spots in the world is in Kas.
- Paragliding: Paragliding is one of the Activities, the nature sports enthusiasts in Kas . can do. The flight adventure begins at the foot of 650 meter high Mount Asas, piloting in the blue water and showing the most beautiful scenery in the world Meis island.
- Canyoning: In the Hidden City Canyon, the third longest canyon in the world, you can take part in canyon rafting. The length of Saklıkent is 18 kilometers.
- Kayaking: Another popular activity in Cash is sea kayaking. If you are confident in rowing, you should give it a try.
- Jeep safari: You can explore the lush nature by jeep in Kaş district, which is rich in natural beauties.
- Mountain biking: A popular activity among young people is mountain biking.
Excursions from Kas
- old town of Side: The ruins of an ancient city with a 3.500 year old History, a Roman theater and a beautiful ancient city of Side with many shops and restaurants.
- Aspendos: The best preserved theater of Roman times.
- Myra: The Rock Tomb of Myra and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher of Nicholas in Myra, also known as St. Nicholas or Santa Claus.
- Simena: It is an ancient city submerged in the sea off the island of Kekova.
- Pamukkale and hierapolis: Limestone terraces sculpted by hot water, the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A little further away but very worth seeing.
- Termessos: An ancient city in the mountains above Antalya. The ancient city of Termessos is about 35 kilometers northwest of Antalya, about 1.000 meters above sea level, in the midst of a beautiful mountain landscape.
- Karain Cave: Also called Black Cave, it is located about 27 kilometers northwest of Antalya.
- Cappadocia: You can see the cave city of Cappadocia and with a Hot air balloon fly over the volcanic landscape. The tour lasts two to three days.
- Old town of Antalya: Visit the old town of Antalya.
Beaches in Kas
- Kaputas Beach: If you want to experience southern Turkey from the typical side, you should definitely visit the coastal town of Kalkan. Kaputas Beach or turkish Kaputas Beach is a small natural beach in the bay between the cities of Kaş and Kalkan on the Mediterranean coast in the southwest of the Turkey. Parasols and sun loungers can be hired and cafe and restaurant services can be obtained from here.
- Hidayet Bay Beach: Small and rocky Mediterranean beach with crystal clear water and diverse underwater world. The bay is located on the Çukurbağ Peninsula, 2,5 kilometers from the center of Kaş. Its name comes from Hidayet Abi who once lived in this bay. This place used to be one of the most popular virgin bays in Kas.
- Big Pebble Beach: This is the bay closest to the center of Kas. Due to the mixing of spring water flowing into the sea from the mountains, the sea is relatively cool. From the pebble beach you can walk straight into the sea. If you have sea shoes, better bring them with you. Several beach restaurants are lined up next to each other in the bay. The restaurant offers meals and Drinks for umbrellas and sun loungers. At the same time, Büyük Çakıl is one of the most beautiful places to watch the sunset. When the sun goes down, some restaurants put tables on the pebbles by the sea. This creates a magical setting in Kas where you can dine by the sea.
- Akcagerme Beach: The Beach Akçagerme is located on the Kaş-Kalkan road, 4 kilometers from the center of Kaş. The beach is located in one of the largest bays in the area. The bay consists of pebbles. Because of its shallow sea water, it is particularly popular with families with children. Regarding the cleanliness of the sea water, every year since 2010 the Blue Flagge awarded.
- Kas Municipality Public Beach: Belediyesi Halk Plajı is located on the Çukurbağ Peninsula and has a very wide and well-groomed beach. It features a café, a restaurant and a playground. You can sunbathe on the beach and on the lawn. There is also a women's beach on the premises. There is a large parking lot on the beach.
- Small Pebble Beach: Küçük Çakıl Plajı is a small 10-meter-long pebbly cove located between the rocks in the middle. The two beaches left and right of Küçük Çakıl are one of the oldest beaches and are accessible to everyone. New beaches have been added in recent years. Most come from the Little Pebble Hotel, but anyone can enter. Parasols and sun loungers are placed on wooden platforms built on the rocks. Büyük Çakıl Plajı is the closest bay to the center of Kaş where you can swim to Küçük Çakıl.
- Eyebrow Patara Plajı: Patara Beach is 43 km from the Kas. It has a shoreline of 12 kilometers and a width of 1.500 meters and holds the title of the longest beach in the world. The beach of fine sand is also the spawning ground for Caretta Caretta turtles. Therefore the beach is closed except from 8am to 20pm. Because of its mostly uninterrupted wind, it is a popular spot for windsurfers. At the same time, Patara is a place where you can see the sunset very well.
- Incebogaz Plaji: In the thinnest part of Çukurbağ Peninsula, there are two beaches overlooking the open sea and enclosed bays. A bay facing the open sea can have more wind and waves. The bay facing the pier is more windproof and the water is warmer. Due to the shallow sea water, this place is especially popular with families with children.
- port: Limanağzı is a bay that can only be reached by boat from the center, which can be seen diagonally across from Kaş. Because of its location, it is known as the bay where the sun stays the longest.
- Olympos & Acısu Halk Plajı: The coast of Kaş Marina is the preferred area for swimming, especially among the locals. On the narrow pebble beach, which you can reach from the driveway via a set of stairs. At the end of this beach, the 30-year-old Olympos Kamp and Acısu Halk Plajı are next to each other.
Bars, pubs and clubs in Kas
Kas's entertainment venues attract people of all ages and are the focus of attention for local and foreign tourists alike. As it is a neighborhood favored by people from all walks of life, locals and expats alike, it also offers a colorful nightlife. There are bars, taverns and bistros.
Eat in Kas
When you mention Kas, you think seafood and olive oil dishes. In restaurants on the coast you can eat different types of fish.
Shopping in Kas
Uzun Çarşı is the ideal place to find local products. Here you can buy gifts for your loved ones and yourself in souvenir shops, fashion boutiques and designer shops.
How much does a vacation in Kas cost?
Since the costs vary greatly depending on the season and your own preferences, only the average costs are considered here.
Package tour with all inclusive 1 week
- from €300 in the off-season
- from €450 in high season
- from €700 in high season in a 4-star hotel
- Budget hotel or guesthouse with Breakfast: €15 to €30 per day
- Mid-range hotel with all inclusive: €40 to €80 per day
- AirBnB: own room from €10, own apartment from €50
- Return flight from Germany to Antalya: €70 to €500, depending on the season and airline
- Single journey by bus: up to €1
- Airport transfer in collection bus: €10 to €20
- Taxi to the airport: €40 to €50. Private transfer from €35.
- Day trip, for example Pamukkale: 50 € to 70 € incl. entrance fee and food
Food, drinks and other:
- Restaurant in tourist area, main course: €7 to €25
- Local restaurant, main course: €3 to €10
- Street food: Simit 50 cents, Rotary €1,50, corn on the cob 50 cents, Dürüm €1,50
- Glass wine in the restaurant: €3
- Glass of beer: €2,50
- Cocktails: from €8
- Bottle of water in store: 50 cents
- Groceries in stores: around 20% cheaper than in Germany
- Food at the bazaar: fruit and vegetables are 40% cheaper than in Germany
- Budget: €40 to €70 per day
- Mid-range: €60 to €100 per day
Climate table, weather and the ideal travel time for Kaş
Kaş has a Mediterranean Climate & Environment with hot and dry summers and mild winters.
|Month||Temperature:||More||Hours of sunshine||Rainydays|
|January||5 - 15 ° C||17 ° C||4||12|
|February||7 - 15 ° C||18 ° C||5||11|
|March||8 - 18 ° C||19 ° C||7||10|
|April||10 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|Mai||15 - 27 ° C||22 ° C||10||7|
|June||20 -32 ° C||23 ° C||12||3|
|July||23 - 35 ° C||25 ° C||12||1|
|August||24 - 35 ° C||28 ° C||10||1|
|September||20 - 32 ° C||26 ° C||9||2|
|October||16 - 28 ° C||22 ° C||8||7|
|November||15 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|December||7 - 16 ° C||17 ° C||5||13|
High season, June to September:
In summer, Kaş has a constant 30° during the day, the sun is shining and there is sometimes a light breeze. In the summer months it rains maybe a maximum of one day a month. September is the ideal Weather for a beach vacation.
Low season, April and May:
April starts in Kaş with 20° warm weather. The sea is still 20° and towards May it warms up quite quickly. Bring a sweater or light jacket on April nights as it can be windy and chilly at times.
Even in October, the thermometer still reaches 30° in Kaş for many days, and it rarely rains.
Winter, long-term leave and Moving abroad
Along with the surrounding seaside resorts, Kaş is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Turkey for long-term winter vacations. In addition, tens of thousands of German immigrants have now settled in the province of Antalya. Kaş has a very mild winter climate. The temperature is rarely below 10°. Even in January it can sometimes get over 20° warm and sunny.
Kaş in the past and today
Kaş was founded by Lycians as Habesos or Habesa. The first written mention under the name Antiphellos was a bilingual tombstone from the 4th century BC. during the Hellenistic Time the city began to grow, and during the Roman rule Antiphellos even became the most important city in the region.
This place lies between the foothills of the Akda Mountains and the sea, about 180 kilometers southwest of Antalya.
Today the tourism industry in Kas is quite modest and many foreigners have moved here - mainly English, Dutch and German. There are many smaller hotels in town and many restaurants and shops in the well-developed pedestrian zone.