Oludeniz is one of the most famous tourist destinations with world famous and award winning beaches and bays that greet tourists with the turquoise sea.
Oludeniz travel guide
With its lush green forests and deep blue sea, Ölüdeniz opens the door to a perfect Vacation for nature lovers. The main natural beauty of this paradise resort is the Oludeniz Nature Park, the Babadağ area with Paragliding, Butterfly Valley and the Saklıkent Gorge.
Arrive & Depart Oludeniz
Oludeniz, one of the most popular tourist attractions of the Turkey, can be reached by air and land. For those who like flying travelthe Airport Dalaman the closest Airport in the neighborhood. The transport starts from Oludeniz, 55 kilometers away Airport with shuttles provided by HAVAŞ or more Airlines operate.
Shared Transfer: The shuttle bus will pick you up at the airport and take you and other passengers to your Hotel. You pay one price per person on the bus and the journey takes longer because you are waiting for other passengers at the airport and for several hotels have to stop. If you have a package tour with Hotel Once you have booked a transfer, you will also wait for other passengers at the airport and drive on the way to the Hotel different hotels
Private Transfer: Your own driver will pick you up at the airport terminal exit and take you directly to the hotel. Since you pay one price per trip, a private transfer for three people is included Cars only slightly more expensive than a collective bus.
Rent a car in Oludeniz
It's very handy a Cars to rent from Dalaman Airport to the surrounding seaside resorts.
The prestigious major Internationals and Nationals Car rental companies have offices directly at the airport and their stands are located at the exit of the terminal.
Hotel in Oludeniz
Oludeniz hotels have boutique hotels, resort hotels, bungalow hotels, apartment hotels, guesthouses, five-star hotels and other types of boutique hotels, resort hotels, five-star hotels with beautiful beaches and facilities by in - and foreign tourists are highly preferred. You can also use those for your Vacation and choose your accommodation suitable facilities, including bed & breakfast, half board, all inclusive or room only concepts.
The hotels in Oludeniz have children's facilities suitable for families with children. In facilities with children's pools, mini clubs, water slides and various services for children, you can have the most fun with your family Vacation spend. Since Oludeniz has many city hotels to choose from, there are also adult-only hotels.
Things to see in Oludeniz
In addition to a breathtaking natural setting, Ölüdeniz also has a deep-rooted one History, which attracts the attention of local and foreign tourists.
- Saklikent:While you are here, be sure to visit Saklikent Gorge National Park and have a chance to see the natural life there up close. You can Minibus of Fethiye, Nov and Shield to Hidden City take Canyon. The creek that in summer and winter flows continuously, rises sharply in winter and makes it impossible to hike in the gorge. In summer, however, it is very quiet and very suitable for hiking.
- gizlikent: The veritable Secretkent is not known to many. This is one of the attractions to Saklikent. It is 1 km away from Saklıkent and can be reached via 200 steps. You can spend wonderful hours in nature surrounded by lush trees and flowing rivers.
- Babadag: Babadag at an altitude of 2000 meters is one of the most famous mountains in Oludeniz. Also the to paragliding particularly suitable mountains offer magnificent views. It takes about 20 minutes by car to reach the top of the mountain. Babadağ is also an ideal place for hiking, one of the cool and beautiful places in the countryside. You can climb the mountain for free.
- Butterfly Valley: The Butterfly Valley at the foot of Babadağ is covered like a blanket with native plant species and is one of the most beautiful natural attractions. In 1955 it was declared a nature reserve. Butterfly Valley is named after 80 different species of butterflies found in Butterfly Valley. Butterflies are generally seen in lower places and around waterfalls.
- Kayakoy: Until the early 20th century, Kayaköy was a very large town and today it is made up of abandoned houses and streets. After the Greeks who built houses on the rocky slopes left their homes, these places fell into disuse. After the population exchange in 1923, the Turks wanted to settle in empty towns, but the Turks didn't want to live here and moved to other places. On display are more than 3.000 houses, coeducational schools, cisterns, wells, shops, pharmacies, windmills, chapels and two large ones Churches.
- Patara: The ancient city of Patara in the Gelemis district of Kas is famous for its beaches and was founded during the Lycian Time to a famous port city. It is said that the history of this city dates back to the 8th century BC. can be traced back. Founded by Patarus, son of Apollo.
Activities in Oludeniz
Oludeniz has a unique landscape and is one of the priceless treasures for tourists interested in photography. Even if you shoot in the same place every day, you can still get perfect shots in this city of natural wonders, especially at sunset with different backdrops.
- Diving: There are many beautiful dive sites in Oludeniz.
- Paragliding: Paragliding is one of the Activities, the nature sports enthusiasts in Kas . can do. The flight adventure begins at the foot of 650 meter high Mount Asas, piloting in the blue water and showing the most beautiful scenery in the world Meis island.
- Canyoning: In the Saklikent Canyon, the third longest canyon in the world, you can take part in canyon rafting. The length of Saklıkent is 18 kilometers.
- Kayaking: Another popular activity in Cash is sea kayaking. If you are confident in rowing, you should give it a try.
- Jeep safari: You can see the lush nature by jeep in the district Eyebrow explore, which is rich in natural beauty.
- Mountain biking: A popular activity among young people is mountain biking.
- Boat tours: Since there are almost 100 bays around Ölüdeniz, boat trips are among the most popular activities. St. Aquarium Bay. You can join boat trips organized around the city to experience the unspoiled nature, especially Nicholas Island, Butterfly Valley, Camel Beach and the Cold Water Caves.
Excursions from Ölüdeniz
- old town of Side: The ruins of an ancient city with a 3.500-year history, a Roman theater and a beautiful ancient city of Side with many shops and restaurants.
- Aspendos: The best preserved theater of Roman times.
- Myra: The Rock Tomb of Myra and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher of Nicholas in Myra, also known as St. Nicholas or Santa Claus.
- Simena: It is an ancient city submerged in the sea off the island of Kekova.
- Pamukkale and hierapolis: Limestone terraces sculpted by hot water, the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A little further away but very worth seeing.
- Termessos: An ancient city in the mountains above Antalya. The ancient city of Termessos is about 35 kilometers northwest of Antalya, about 1.000 meters above sea level, in the midst of a beautiful mountain landscape.
- Karain Cave: Also called Black Cave, it is located about 27 kilometers northwest of Antalya.
- Cappadocia: You can see the cave city of Cappadocia and with a Hot air balloon fly over the volcanic landscape. The tour lasts two to three days.
- Old town of Antalya: Visit the old town of Antalya.
Beaches in Oludeniz
Among the popular beaches of Oludeniz are the Oludeniz Lagoon and the the beach the Belcekiz-the beach the kumburnu-the beach and the Patara-Beach. Pumpkin Bay and Kidrak Bay are the most beautiful places with unique nature accompanied by the deep blue sea.
Bars, pubs and clubs in Oludeniz
Oludeniz offers its guests a unique blue color, lush nature and various travel experiences during the day, and also offers very active moments in the evening. The city welcomes local and foreign tourists in the summer, it is quiet during the day, but only in the morning rest is replaced by entertainment. Although Hisarönü and Belcekiz are the best places for entertainment seekers, Hisaronu Bar Street offers many entertainment options.
Eat in Oludeniz
Ölüdeniz is an essential stop for Travel- and nature lovers and is one of the tourist destinations that are not only admirable in terms of landscape, but also in terms of taste. Fresh seasonal fish is the most recommended flavor in town and the delicious Aegean entree is your fish preference.
Shopping in Oludeniz
Oludeniz is a tourist attraction with many small shops and stalls. The shops in the city usually sell souvenirs, decorations, jewelry and figurines that are unique to the region. You can buy these souvenirs to make Oludeniz souvenirs for yourself or your loved ones. Handmade textile products, embroidered covers and fabrics are eye-catchers at the stalls that are open at night. In this citrus-rich city, you can shop for organic fruit and veg and produce like honey or tahana at the street market.
How much does a vacation in Oludeniz cost
Since the costs vary greatly depending on the season and your own preferences, only the average costs are considered here.
package tour with all inclusive 1 week
- from €300 in the off-season
- from €450 in high season
- from €700 in high season in a 4-star hotel
- Budget hotel or guesthouse with breakfast: €15 to €30 per day
- Mid-range hotel with all inclusive: €40 to €80 per day
- AirBnB: own room from €10, own apartment from €50
- Return Flight from Germany to Antalya: €70 to €500, depending on the season and airline
- Single journey by bus: up to €1
- airport transfer im collection bus: €10 to €20
- Taxi to the airport: €40 to €50. Private transfer from €35.
- Day trip, for example Pamukkale: 50 € to 70 € incl. entrance fee and food
Eat, Drinks and other:
- Restaurant in tourist area, main course: €7 to €25
- Local restaurant, main course: €3 to €10
- Street food: Simit 50 cents, Rotary €1,50, corn on the cob 50 cents, Dürüm €1,50
- Glass wine in the restaurant: €3
- Glass of beer: €2,50
- Cocktails: from €8
- Bottle of water in store: 50 cents
- Groceries in stores: around 20% cheaper than in Germany
- Food at the bazaar: fruit and vegetables are 40% cheaper than in Germany
- Budget: €40 to €70 per day
- Mid-range: €60 to €100 per day
Climate table, weather and the ideal travel time for Oludeniz
Ölüdeniz has a Mediterranean feel Climate & Environment with hot and dry summers and mild winters.
|Month||Temperature||More||Hours of sunshine||Rainydays|
|January||5 - 15 ° C||17 ° C||4||12|
|February||7 - 15 ° C||18 ° C||5||11|
|March||8 - 18 ° C||19 ° C||7||10|
|April||10 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|May||15 - 27 ° C||22 ° C||10||7|
|June||20 -32 ° C||23 ° C||12||3|
|July||23 - 35 ° C||25 ° C||12||1|
|August||24 - 35 ° C||28 ° C||10||1|
|September||20 - 32 ° C||26 ° C||9||2|
|October||16 - 28 ° C||22 ° C||8||7|
|November||15 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|December||7 - 16 ° C||17 ° C||5||13|
High season, June to September:
In summer, Ölüdeniz has a constant 30° during the day, the sun is shining and there is sometimes a light breeze. In the summer months it rains maybe a maximum of one day a month. September is the ideal Weather for a beach vacation.
Low season, April and May:
April starts in Oludeniz with 20° warm weather. The sea is still 20° and towards May it warms up quite quickly. Bring a sweater or light jacket on April nights as it can be windy and chilly at times.
Even in October, the thermometer still reaches 30° for many days in Oludeniz, and it rarely rains.
Winter, long-term vacation and Moving abroad
Along with the surrounding seaside resorts, Oludeniz is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Turkey for a long-term winter holiday. In addition, tens of thousands of German immigrants have now settled in the province of Antalya. Ölüdeniz has a very mild winter climate. The temperature is rarely below 10°. Even in January it can sometimes get over 20° warm and sunny.
Ölüdeniz in the past and today
Oludeniz is a municipality in the Lycian region of Turkey, located 14 kilometers south of Fethiye at the foot of Mount Babadağ. The village was originally called Belceğiz but eventually got its name from the nearby one the beach Ölüdeniz. The name means Dead Sea because the water in the lagoon is particularly calm most of the year and there are almost no waves.
Most tourists arrive at Ölüdeniz via the nearest airports, Dalaman or Antalya.