Discover the beauty and History of the Turkey in 48 hours with our Travel Guides for Ankara. Explore historic old towns, visit impressive ones Moscheen and museums, enjoy the local cuisine. Our tips and recommendations will help you plan your stay in Ankara in the best way and make the best Time to have. Discover the highlights of the region, from points of interest & sights to culture, food and entertainment.
Here is a list of things to do in Ankara in 48 hours:
- Explore the historical center of Ankara, especially the old town Kaleici, home to attractions such as Hacıbayram Mosque and Ulus Square.
- Visit the Ataturk Mausoleum, the founder of the modern Turkey, Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.
- Taste the local cuisine, especially traditional Turkish dishes, and visit the restaurants and cafes in the old town.
- Find out more about Museums of Anatolian Civilizations, containing a collection of finds from antiquity.
- Relax in one of the many hammams (Turkish baths) in the city.
- Visit the weekly market in town to shop for local produce and souvenirs.
- Take a day trip to the surroundings of Ankara, for example to Bolu or to the Köroğlu Mountains.
- Visit the Ethnography Museum, which contains a collection of local handicrafts and cultural objects from the region.
- If you are out at night, visit the city's bars and clubs and enjoy the entertainment.
There are many ways to enjoy your time in Ankara. Plan your stay well and make the most of your 48 hours.