Holidays in Turkey: the ultimate packing list and checklist for Turkey holidays
This is the perfect packing list for yours Turkey Vacation so that you can experience many exciting things in the next few days without having to worry. The long-awaited vacation in Turkey is approaching, the itinerary and travel list are ready, now all you have to do is pack your bags. From relaxing sunbathing in the Turkish Aegean Sea or the Turkish Riviera, about the impression of the medieval city center, visiting ancient wonders or just a city trip to and Istanbul, there is more waiting for your Turkey vacation.
It doesn't matter whether you are on a city break, prefer to explore the country's exciting natural landscapes on foot or simply enjoy the Beach want to relax in one of the many Turkish bathing resorts.
So that you don't forget anything before you start your trip to Turkey, you will find information on the holiday packing list for your holiday in Turkey here. You can download a printable version in Download PDF format and check off.
Turkey Travel Plan Checklist
When you're not busy planning your trip, start with our Turkey Travel Guides:
- Turkish riviera: Very good all inclusive resorts among seaside resorts like Side, Antalya, Belts, Belek and Alanya.
- Lycian coast: Individual travel destination with boutique hotels and nature parks as in Nov, Fethiye, Cirali, Shield and adrasan.
- Turkish Aegean: Aegean coast of Turkey, with exclusive seaside resorts such as Bodrum, Fountain and Marmaris.
- Cappadocia: The cave architecture of Goreme is considered the center of Cappadocia.
- and Istanbul: With more than 15 million inhabitants, it offers many points of interest & sights, Turkish cuisine and Tales of Former Empires (Constantinople).
Checklist travel booking for Turkey
- Hotels: Cheap Hotel offers* find and book.
- package holiday: Find cheap vacation packages and Book.
- Flights: 8 Turkish airlines that bring you cheaply to Turkey.
- Airport Parking: Airport parking lot.
- Rental car: Cheap Rental car find and book.
- Transfers: Find and book reliable airport transfers if necessary.
- Change money: Turkish Currency Lira & Money in Turkey.
- Insurance: Inform about necessary foreign health insurance and take out if necessary.
- Corona and HES CODE: Turkey Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (current situation) and HES code Turkey: how to apply and use?
- entry requirements: Visa & entry requirements of Turkey with Covid-19 rules.
Holidays in Turkey: This absolutely has to be in the suitcase
Packing list: documents, money & emergency numbers
You can pay without cash in many large shops and restaurants, sometimes even with euros at Turkish bathing resorts. Otherwise the Turkish lira the currency of Turkey. To avoid confusion and to make handling easier, two small purses, for example, are suitable. At the exchange office you can exchange the corresponding lira at the current daily euro-lira exchange rate. You have to pay with lira in museums, restaurants, shopping malls and in Istanbul always in lira.
- Valid passport or ID card
- flight tickets
- Booking confirmation and travel voucher
- Airport transfer booking confirmation
- Address and telephone number of the hotel
- Telephone number of your tour operator in Turkey
- emergency phone numbers Banking
- Emergency numbers in Turkey
- Insurance card and, if applicable, foreign travel insurance
- Cash to change to Lira for security and if necessary in Turkey
- Credit card, if necessary bank card / EC card
- Fanny pack with secret compartment (Our favourite*)
- Neck pouch with RFID blocker (Our favourite*)
- Money hiding place / travel safe (Our favourite*)
- wallet (Our favourite*)
- Driver's license
- allergy pass
- Vaccination pass, Corona Warn App or CovPass with the Corona vaccination certificate as a QR code
- if applicable, student ID
- possibly ADAC documents
Packing list: hygiene
All items needed for daily care should be put in the cosmetic bag. You should bring sunscreen from Germany, because these products are significantly more expensive in Turkey.
- Hairbrush / comb
- Deodorant (travel size)
- shower gel, shampoo, conditioner etc.
- Hand lotion
- face cream
- Contact lenses + accessories
- Toiletry bag (Our favourite*)
- Labello / lip balm
- Nail care set including tweezers (for ticks)
- ear sticks (Our favourite*)
- razor for the trip (Our favourite*)
- shaving cream
- After shave
- Make-up utensils / tissues for removing make-up
- Suncream (Our favourite*)
- after sun cream
- Tampons / pads / feminine hygiene items
- Contraceptives / Condoms (Our favourite*)
- Contraceptive / Pill
- Toothbrush + toothpaste
Packing list: clothes
Things are put on the packing list depending on the duration of the holiday and the time of year. If you spend a holiday in a hotel, evening outfits for evening entertainment or going to the bar are also part of it. Summer dresses, shirts, tops and T-shirts as well as shorts, skirts or light tights should be in the Summer not lack. This also includes jeans and a light summer jacket. You should also use a cover to protect your head from strong sunlight.
- Swimwear (for her*, for him*)
- Pants / shorts, short (for her*, for him*)
- Trousers / jeans, long (for her*, for him*)
- Dress skirt
- Compression socks for flight
- Hat / caps / summer hats
- Sarong / pareo / beach dress (Our favourite*)
- pajamas / pyjamas
- sunglasses (Our favourite*)
- T shirts / tops
- Flip flops / sandals / sneakers / ballet flats
- evening wear
- high heels
- rain jacket / umbrella
Packing list: medicines / pharmacy
A good first aid kit should be part of a good first aid kit. For urgent treatment, you should have some plasters, painkillers, thermometer and fever suppositories with you. Medication for constipation and diarrhea should also be taken. Contraceptives ensure a pleasant holiday without consequences.
- blister plaster (Our favourite*)
- Diarrhea Pills / Nausea / Motion Sickness (Vomex)
- First aid kit (Our favourite*)
- fever tablets
- Painkillers (Headache) (Our favourite*)
- Cold / Rhinitis - nasal spray for adults and children
- Diarrhea (Imodium / Activated Charcoal Tablets / Electrolyte Solution)
- Herpes cream / anti-herpes stick (Our favourite*)
- Mosquito repellent / mosquito spray
- Insect Bite Healer (Our favourite*)
- personal medication
- Pavement (Our favourite*)
Packing list: technique
Our mobile phones are now replacing many things like: alarm clock, radio, television, computer, camera, etc., but when the battery runs out, the smartphone can no longer be used. There is a power bank so you can charge your smartphone at any time without needing an outlet nearby. You can use all devices in Turkey without any problems, because the sockets used there are the same as ours.
- Digital camera incl. battery/tripod
- Digicam cover/case (waterproof)
- GoPro action camera (Our favourite*)
- eBook reader (e.g. Kindle) (Our favourite*)
- Smartphone incl. charging cable (Our favourite*)
- Mobile phone case, waterproof (Our favourite*)
- Headphones (Our favourite*)
- Power bank (Our favourite*)
- Notebook / Laptop / Macbook
- travel hair dryer (Our favourite*)
- travel iron (Our favourite*)
- drone (Our favourite*)
Packing List: Swimming / Beach
- inflatable toy/boat (Our favourite*)
- inflatable lounger / sofa (Our favourite*)
- Bathing shoes on stone beaches (Our favourite*)
- Swimming Goggles / Snorkel / Mask (Our favourite*)
- armbands/ring (Our favourite*)
- Parasol (Our favourite*)
- beach shell (Our favourite*)
- Beach safe / money stash (Our favourite*)
- Beach towels / beach sheets (Our favourite*)
- beach bag (Our favourite*)
- Waterproof travel bag (Drybag) (Our favourite*)
Packing list: for the flight
Make the journey to the resort as pleasant as possible.
- inflatable pillow / neck pillow (Our favourite*)
- Airplane earplugs, pressure-equalizing (Our favourite*)
- Travel blanket for train/bus/flight (Our favourite*)
- Compression socks for flight (Our favourite*)
- sleeping mask (Our favourite*)
- Suitcase tag (Our favourite*)
- Travel Guides your holiday region (Our favourite*)
Packing list: children
- Travel documents for children / children's ID cards
- children clothes
- medicines for children
- baby food
- diapers (Our favourite*)
- sunscreen for children
- baby monitor (Our favourite*)
Packing list: Corona
- hand disinfection (Our favourite*)
- disinfectant spray (Our favourite*)
- disinfectant wipes (Our favourite*)
- if necessary proof of vaccination/proof of recovery
- Face mask FFP2 masks (Our favourite*)
Rucksäcke & Taschen
Compression sacks are a great help when packing your suitcase for a holiday in Turkey. Packing expels the air and many of these bags can be slipped into your suitcase.
- Suitcase / trolley / holdall (Our favourite*)
- Packing Cubes / Garment Bags (Our favourite*)
- Rain cover for backpack
- Protective cover for electronics
- daypack (Our favourite*)
- Vacuum / compression bags (Our favourite*)
- Zip bags for carry-on luggage (Our favourite*)
At first glance, the packing list looks very long, but it isn't. Just pack enough clothes in your suitcase. Be sure to observe the current entry regulations and do not forget your travel documents. If in doubt, anything you forget at home can be bought in Turkey.