Experience the beauty and History from Rhodes from the old town of Rhodes to the Acropolis of Lindos. Relax on the most beautiful beaches on the island and enjoy water sports activities. Try the local cuisine and enjoy the nightlife.
Rhodes is a popular Greek island and can be easily reached from Marmaris
Here are some tips and recommendations for visiting Rhodes:
- Exploring Rhodes Old Town: Also known as Rhodes Town, Rhodes Old Town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offers a glimpse into the island's culture and history. Here one can visit the Castle of Rhodes, the Street of the Knighthoods and the Square of Suleyman.
- Visiting the Acropolis of Lindos: One of the best preserved ancient sites on Rhodes, the Acropolis of Lindos offers breathtaking views of the island and the sea.
- relaxation at Beach: Rhodes has many beautiful beaches including Faliraki beach, Kallithea beach and Tsambika beach.
- Exploring the island: Rhodes offers beautiful nature including forests, mountains and beaches. There are many ways to explore the island including hiking, biking and boat tours.
- Tasting of local products: Rhodes is known for its local cuisine, including fish, olive oil and wine.
- Nightlife: Rhodes has a lively nightlife including bars, clubs and restaurants.
- Water Sports: Rhodes is a popular destination for water sports activities such as swimming, snorkeling, diving and sailing.
- Thermae: Rhodes also has Thermae, the hot springs that one can visit to relax and enjoy.
There are many more places and Activitiesthings to visit and do in Rhodes depending on personal interests and preferences. It's important that Time to plan and prioritize to have the best experience.
Experience the beauty of the Greek islands: tips and hints for a successful trip from Turkey
- Travel time: The best travel time for the Greek islands is from Mai until October, if that Weather is best and most of the islands and activities are open.
- Trip Planning: Plan your trip ahead of time and research which islands and activities work best for you.
- Visa: Make sure you have a valid visa to visit the Greek Islands.
- Currency: The Greek currency is the Euro. However, it is also possible to pay with Turkish Lira, but it is better to have Euros as well
- Language: The official language in Greece is Greek, but many people also speak English and türkisch.
- Transport: There are several ways to reach the Greek islands including ferries, flights and cruises. Do your research ahead of time to find the best options and prices.
- Accommodation: There is a wide range of accommodation on the Greek islands including hotels, guesthouses, apartments and holiday homes. Search and book ahead to find the best deals and availability.
- Food and drink: Greek cuisine is very popular and offers many delicious dishes and ingredients, including fish, olive oil, citrus fruits and tzatziki. You can also try the local wines and spirits.
- Culture and Traditions: The Greek islands have a rich culture and history. Visit ancient ruins, museums and traditional villages and learn about the culture and traditions of the islands.
- Security: Find out about the current security situation before your trip and follow the instructions of the local authorities.
- Travel Insurance: It is important to have valid travel insurance to cover yourself in the event of an emergency.
- Respect local culture and customs and abide by country rules.