One of the most interesting and impressive nature experiences on the Lycian coast is the Saklikent Gorge (Saklikent Milli Parkı).
Saklikent is a vast valley and gorge stretching 14 kilometers inland. It's incredibly narrow and high between two mountains. If you want to see the beauties inside the canyon, you have to go through the freezing water and cross to the other side of the river.
The Saklikent Gorge, Saklıkent, also Saklı Kent means up türkisch "Hidden City". It is 300 m deep and 18 km long. It is one of the longest gorges in the world. Visitors can enter the gorge due to rising water levels Winter enter only in summer.
Leisure Activities in Saklikent Gorge (Saklı Kent)
Enjoy an exciting jeep tour from Fethiye with your family, Oludeniz and other neighboring tourist towns to Saklikent Gorge. You can also take trips to the vast waters of the corridor, where you can swim at depths suitable for this sport.
The entrance consists of a wide bridge that hovers over the water, making it easy for you to move around and photograph the wonderful nature of the place.
There are numerous resorts and parks in the Saklikent Gorge that offer accommodation, children's playgrounds and numerous cafes and restaurants with unique views and facilities.
Some tips for canyon tours:
- Be sure to wear appropriate shoes. The ones with thick rubber soles are the best. The rocks in the creek can be sharp and slippery.
- In summer, the average temperature in the gorge is 25-30 degrees. Don't forget to bring sunscreen and a hat!
- It is best not to hike in the gorge with babies and small children. It is too dangerous because in some places the water level rises so quickly that you could slip.
Admission, tickets and tours
The Saklikent National Park has an entrance fee. It is open to visitors every day, but visiting times vary depending on the season. Please check visiting hours before arrival.
- Opening hours: The winter season is from March up to October, daily from 8 a.m. to 16 p.m. In the summer of April up to September, daily from 8 a.m. to 19 p.m.
- Tickets: Tickets can be purchased on site. The adult fee for Saklikent Canyon is 15 Turkish lira for adults, 10 Turkish lira for students and 5 Turkish lira for children between 7 and 12 years old.
- Tours: There are several tour operators offering jeep tours to this place.
as Jeep safari tour: You drive an open-top XNUMXxXNUMX through mountains and cities and have the opportunity to see the river Xanthos to see.
Jeep safari tour tlos: You will hike through the ruins of Tlos and you will also visit the Gizlikent Selalsi waterfall.
Questions and answers about Saklıkent Canyon National Park
What is the best time to visit Saklıkent Canyon National Park?
Where is Saklıkent Canyon National Park?
What is the entrance fee to Saklıkent Canyon National Park?
Admission is 10 Turkish Lira per person. Museum passes are not valid here. Parking at the gorge is also chargeable.
How to get to Saklikent National Park?
You can use the Minibus from Fethiye take from the minibus stop near the mosque to Saklıkent to the national park.