kiddle, which is connected to the Ortaca district of Muğla and is one of the most beautiful resorts in the region, is located on the point that connects the Mediterranean Sea with Lake Köyceğiz. Dalyan is a very wealthy port city in terms attractions; It has a pleasant atmosphere with lush forests, clear sea and untouched natural beauty.
Dalyan travel guide
Dalyan attracts attention with its historical and cultural structure. Although Dalyan is a beautiful city and a must-see at any time of the year, between April and November most noticed.
Arrive & Depart in Dalyan
Dalyan can be reached by plane and intercity bus. For passengers who prefer to reach Dalyan by air, the nearest airport is Dalaman Airport, 28 km away. Dalaman Airport is an airport actively used by tourists wishing to visit Dalyan from many parts of the world using domestic and international flights.
Almost all major German and Turkish airlines fly to Dalaman. Direct flights to Dalaman cost from 70 to 300 euros, depending on the season. Detailed airport information for Dalaman Airport are available on our partner site Airportdetails.de
Shared Transfer: The shuttle bus will pick you up at the airport and take you and other passengers to your hotel. You pay one price per person on the bus and the journey takes longer because you have to wait for other passengers at the airport and stop at several hotels. If you have booked a package tour with Hotel Transfer, you will also wait for other passengers at the airport and drive to several hotels on the way to the hotel.
Private Transfer: Your own driver will pick you up at the airport terminal exit and take you directly to the hotel. Because you pay one price per trip, a private transfer for three people in the car is only slightly more expensive than one collection bus.
Car rental in Dalian
The prestigious major Internationals and Nationals Car rental companies have offices right at Dalaman Airport and their stands are located at the exit of the terminal.
Just in Summer you should book a car as early as possible, as demand is always very high.
Hotel in Dalian
Hotels in Dalyan, among the best addresses for those who want to spend a holiday in contact with nature, stand out for the comforts that will make you feel at home.
Attractions in Dalyan
- Ancient city of Kaunos: The Ancient City Kaunos is one of the most important ancient cities in Dalyan district. The ancient city of Kaunos, which stands out among the monuments of Dalyan, illuminates the History of the region. On the border of Caria and Lycia lies the ancient city of Kaunos, which can be reached via a maze-like route on Dalyan boat trips or on foot in 10 minutes.
- Royal Tombs of Kaunos: The royal tombs in Kaunas, which were also used in Roman times, are among the symbolic structures of Dalyan. Among the rock-cut tombs of Kaunas, consisting of six groups, the most striking are the temple-fronted royal tombs. The square rock tombs were closed with floating stones.
- Dalyan mud bath: The mud bath is located near the Dalyan Strait, which acts as an intermediary in the outpouring of Lake Köyceğiz into the Mediterranean Sea. Locals consider mud baths to be good, but there's no clear benefit from scientific research. It is believed to be effective against wrinkles as it creates tension in the body by penetrating the mud.
- Radar Hill: The radar hill, which is characterized by its magnificent view, is a place to watch Dalyan birds. From the hill you can see the city of Dalyan, Lake Köyceğiz, Den Beach iztuzu and see much more.
- Ekincik Bay: Ekincik Bay is located about 10 kilometers from the city of Dalyan. Ekincik Bay, which can be reached by boat from the town of Dalyan, is one of the places where you can swim and enjoy the unique beauty of nature. In the restaurants around the bay you can also try seasonal salads, one of the main ingredients of the regional Turkish cuisine.
- Toparlar waterfall: Toparlar Waterfall, which is still flowing without drying up, is located 27 kilometers from Dalyan city center. There are camping, picnic and trekking spots around the waterfall. You can also swim in the lake created at the waterfall section.
- Round Tea: Located in Pinarköy, Köyceğiz District, 22 km from Dalyan City, Yuvarlak Çay offers natural beauty and peaceful atmosphere. Yuvarlak Cay, with Breakfast and lunch in the surrounding restaurants, is also suitable for Activities such as nature walks, picnics and camping.
- Köycegiz Lake: Lake Köyceğiz, an alluvial reservoir, is located 48 kilometers from the center of Dalyan. Important for fishing, the lake arouses interest in its natural beauty. There are 4 big and small islands on the lake. You can visit these islands with boat tours.
- Dalyan River (Calbis): From Dalyan, boats go through the Dalyan Delta to the beach.
Things to do in Dalian
- Water sports in Dalyan: There are many offers such as parasailing, diving, surfing, jet skiing, rafting and more.
- Jeep Safari: An organized jeep tour through the surrounding mountains. You will visit a small village and lots of nature.
- the Hammam: Spend a few hours in a Turkish bath and then get a massage.
- Hiking: You can book guided tours in the surrounding mountains or hikes from Dalyan to the sea.
Excursions from Dalyan
- Pamukkale and hierapolis: Limestone terraces sculpted by hot water, the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A little further away but very worth seeing.
- Ephesus: The ancient city of Ephesus was founded in 6000 BC. Built and carried various civilizations. People living in the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Princely and Ottoman Time lived, used this ancient city. There are rumors that the ancient city of Ephesus was founded by female warriors.
- house of Virgin Mary: The House of the Virgin Mary in the ancient city of Ephesus is a holy place for Catholics and Muslims in Bülbüldağı.
- Temple of Artemis: The Temple of Artemis, one of the seven wonders of the world, was built in 550 BC. built. It is estimated that the construction of the Temple of Artemis took about 120 years.
- Bodrum: Bodrum is one of the main tourist destinations that is flooded with locals and foreigners in summer. Untouched natural landscapes, historical beauty, points of interest & sights and first class accommodation opens the door to an unforgettable holiday. Bodrum has become one of the frequent stops for ships and yachts and also has beautiful bays. Bordum also offers many resorts like Yalikavak, Gumusluk, Gumbet, Turgutreis, Bitez and Torba.
- Marmaris: Marmaris is one of the resort centers connected to the city center of Mugla, which receives thousands of tourists every year. The area has an extremely beautiful sea, numerous entertainment venues, a panoramic view of the bay and dozens of ancient cities.
- Fethiye: Fethiye is one of the 13 beautiful regions in Mugla, which attracts thousands of local and foreign tourists every year. The area is known for its natural beauty and historical architecture and is one of the most beautiful resorts in the world.
- Rhodes: There are daily ferries from Marmaris to the Greek island of Rhodes, 36 kilometers away.
Beaches in Dalian
The fine sand and clear waters of Dalyan are almost all kinds of blue, offering guests a paradise for summer vacations and special opportunities for beaches and bays.
- Iztuzu Beach: Iztuzu Beach is 4,5 kilometers long and 7 kilometers from the center of Dalian. Iztuzu Beach is considered one of the most popular beaches in the Mediterranean and features both fresh and sea water. Iztuzu Beach is also known as Turtle Beach because Caretta Carettas spawn on the rarely seen part of the beach where fresh water meets sea water.
- Ekincik Bay: Ekincik Bay is located about 10 kilometers from the city of Dalyan. Ekincik Bay, which can be reached by boat from the town of Dalyan, is one of the places where you can swim and enjoy the unique beauty of nature.
- Bacardi Bay: Bacardi Bay is a secluded pebble beach a 25-minute boat ride from Iztuzu Beach.
- Vas Bay: Boat trip.
- Sarigerme: Sarigerme Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Ortaka, located 23 kilometers from Dalyan city center. The beach is 12 kilometers long and has extremely clear and clean water. The shallow sea is not only a place full of fine sand, but also easy for swimming.
- Gokova Bay: It is one of the hot spots for kite surfers in the Turkish Aegean. Dalyan is an hour's drive away.
The seaside resorts of Marmaris, Fethiye and Oludeniz are less than an hour's drive from Dalyan. Alternatively, the bus line can reach the cities in 90 minutes.
Bars, pubs and clubs in Dalyan
Dalyan is usually one of the favorite holiday destinations for those who want a peaceful vacation in nature. Therefore, although the nightlife is not very active, Dalyan Bar Street serves those who want to have a fun holiday.
Eat in Dalian
Dalyan, which is dominant in Aegean cuisine, is dominated by olive oil, seafood, appetizers and herbal dishes. As in any Aegean city, Aegean appetizers and herbal dishes adorn Dalyan's table. Radish, hibiscus, tangle, and radical are options that will linger on your taste buds. Stuffed zucchini flowers, sour chicken, sycamore and yogurt are local delicacies in Dalyan.
Shopping in Dalian
The most convenient place to shop in Dalian is Dalyan Market. The bazaar, which is open until late, sells clothes, ceramics, decoration, jewellery, bags and other products. The Aegean medicinal materials sold by Dalyan Bazaar are also very diverse.
How much does a holiday in Dalyan cost
Since the costs vary greatly depending on the season and your own preferences, only the average costs are considered here.
Package tour with all inclusive 1 week
- from €300 in the off-season
- from €450 in high season
- from €700 in high season in a 4-star hotel
- more than 900 € in the high season in a 5 star hotel
- Budget hotel or guesthouse with breakfast: €15 to €30 per day
- Mid-range hotel with all inclusive: €40 to €80 per day
- 5 star high-end hotel with all inclusive: more than 90 € per day
- AirBnB: own room from €10, own apartment from €50
- Return flight from Germany to Dalaman: €70 to €500, depending on season and airline
- Single journey by bus: up to €1
- Airport transfer in a collective bus: €10 to €20
- Taxi to the airport: €40 to €50. Private transfer from €35.
- Day trip, for example Pamukkale: 50 € to 70 € incl. entrance fee and food
Eat, Drinks and other:
- Restaurant in tourist area, main course: €7 to €25
- Local restaurant, main course: €3 to €10
- Street food: Simit 50 cents, Rotary €1,50, corn on the cob 50 cents, Dürüm €1,50
- Glass wine in the restaurant: €3
- Glass of beer: €2,50
- Cocktails: from €8
- Bottle of water in store: 50 cents
- Groceries in stores: around 20% cheaper than in Germany
- Food at the bazaar: fruit and vegetables are 40% cheaper than in Germany
- Budget: €40 to €70 per day
- Mid-range: €60 to €100 per day
- High end: from €140 per day
Climate table, weather and the ideal travel time for Dalyan
Dalyan has a Mediterranean Climate & Environment with hot and dry summers and mild winters.
|Month||Temperature:||More||Hours of sunshine||Rainydays|
|January||5 - 15 ° C||17 ° C||4||12|
|February||7 - 15 ° C||18 ° C||5||11|
|March||8 - 18 ° C||19 ° C||7||10|
|April||10 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|Mai||15 - 27 ° C||22 ° C||10||7|
|June||20 -32 ° C||23 ° C||12||3|
|July||23 - 35 ° C||25 ° C||12||1|
|August||24 - 35 ° C||28 ° C||10||1|
|September||20 - 32 ° C||26 ° C||9||2|
|October||16 - 28 ° C||22 ° C||8||7|
|November||15 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|December||7 - 16 ° C||17 ° C||5||13|
High season, June to September:
Between June and September it is always 30° warm. The sea temperature is 24 to 27°.
Low season, April and May:
At the beginning of April, the temperature exceeds almost 20°. The water temperature is in the same range. In mid-April it is consistently 25°, the sea water has warmed up to 22 to 24°. In May, the daily temperature in the first few days will be 30°.
October is the underrated month on the South Coast Turkey. At the beginning of October the temperature still reaches 30°. The sea temperature is 23 to 24°.
Winter, long-term leave and Moving abroad
November and early December are still warm and pleasant with daily temperatures exceeding 20°. Also in January and February the Mediterranean climate offers 10 to 15°. Including days over 20°.
The climate in Dalyan is ideal for long-term vacations.
Dalyan in the past and today
The history of Dalyan is inevitably linked to the history of Kaunos. This is an ancient city at the mouth of the Dalyan River on Iztuzu Beach. The history of this place can be traced back to the 10th century BC. trace back. In Roman times, Kaunos was originally part of an Asian province.
You can still see the remains of some ancient buildings, notably the 4th century BC rock-cut Karrian tomb. Before Christ there was also a Roman theatre, large thermal baths, as well as a nymphaeum, a bazaar, temples, a gymnasium, docks and an acropolis. Many Greek inscriptions in this city have also been preserved. At the same time, the Kaunos Baetyl, more than 4 meters high and often depicted on silver coins, was also discovered.
Dalyan's tourism industry started in the mid 1980s and is a popular spot for caravan and camping holidaymakers, environmentalists and bird watchers.
Located between the resorts of Marmaris and Oludeniz, Dalyan, Kaunos, the Rock Tombs and the Dalyan Delta area are now popular tourist attractions.