Shield, that with Eyebrow, one of the most beautiful resorts on the Lycian coast in the region Antalya, and his History and natural beauty is favored by thousands of domestic and foreign tourists every year. Kalkan opens with his blue one Flagge excellent beaches and the cleanest waters of the Turkey the door to unforgettable vacations and offers many travel options for history lovers.
Kalkan Travel Guide
Kalkan has untouched nature, which has been discovered in recent years and has become an indispensable part of tourists' next vacation.
Arrive & Depart Kalkan
You can reach Kalkan by plane. The nearest airport to the city is Dalaman Airport, 123 km from the hotel.
Almost all major German and Turkish airlines fly to the airports in the region. Direct flights to the Turkish Riviera cost between 70 and 300 euros, depending on the season.
Shared Transfer: The shuttle bus will pick you up at the airport and take you and other passengers to your hotel. You pay one price per person on the bus and the journey takes longer because you have to wait for other passengers at the airport and stop at several hotels. If you have booked a package tour with Hotel Transfer, you will also wait for other passengers at the airport and drive to several hotels on the way to the hotel.
Private Transfer: Your own driver will pick you up at the airport terminal exit and take you directly to the hotel. Because you pay one price per trip, a private transfer for three people in a car is only slightly more expensive than a shared bus.
Rent a car in Kalkan
It is very convenient to rent a car from Dalaman Airport to the surrounding seaside resorts.
The reputable major international and national car rental companies have offices right at the airport and their stands are located at the exit of the terminal.
Just in Summer you should book a car as early as possible, as demand is always very high.
Hotel in Kalkan
Kalkan Hotel offers accommodation options such as boutique hotels, apartment hotels, hotels, resorts and villas. Among the honeymoon hotels in Kalkan, which are the go-to place for a romantic holiday mainly by honeymooners, boutique hotels are the most preferred. Hotels in Kalkan typically offer bed and breakfast, half-board and room-only concepts. You can spend part of the day at the hotel, the other part you can enjoy the sea, sand and sun, and then spend pleasant moments in boutique restaurants.
Things to do in Kalkan
- Xanthos: Ruins of the former capital of the Lycian League: Sanctuary of Xanthos and Letoon, UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Patara: Visit the ruins of Patara and the 20 km long Beach from Patara and its dunes.
- Olympos: The ruins of the ancient port city and the sheltered beach of Olympos. Olympos is located at the southern end of Kirali Bay.
- Chimera Yanartas: The eternal fire in the area of Olympos Chimera has a mysterious flame that attracts every visitor. The spectacle is sometimes enigmatic and attracts tourists from all over the world.
- phaselis: Phaselis Ruins You can escape the hustle and bustle of Belts escape, take a break and explore historical sites.
- Tahtali Dagi: For those who are not afraid of heights, this is one of the ideal ones Activities. It takes 15 minutes by Olympos cable car to reach the top of the mountain at an altitude of over 2360 meters.
Activities in Kalkan
- Chilling by the sea: Swimming and sunbathing are some of the best activities in Kalkan, a tranquil Mediterranean address April until October. It is recommended to spend at least 1 day in the pristine atmosphere of the beach Cirali to spend.
- Day or night boat tours: You can explore the beautiful bays around Kalkan by day or night boat tour.
- Cycling: Renting a bike allows you to explore the natural beauty of Kalkan.
- Watersports: You can contact companies that provide services for nature activities and practice water sports such as diving and canoeing.
- village tour: You can visit Islamlar Village where you can escape the coast, find peace and tranquility listening to the sound of the creek and have coffee in the village square.
- Hiking: Climbing the Beziergan Plateau allows you to walk in the endless green in nature, accompanied by the chirping of birds.
Excursions from Kalkan
- old town of Side: The ruins of an ancient city with a 3.500-year history, a Roman theater and a beautiful ancient city of Side with many shops and restaurants.
- Aspendos: The best preserved theater of Roman times.
- Myra: The Rock Tomb of Myra and the Church of the Holy Sepulcher of Nicholas in Myra, also known as St. Nicholas or Santa Claus.
- Simena: It is an ancient city submerged in the sea off the island of Kekova.
- Pamukkale and hierapolis: Limestone terraces sculpted by hot water, the ruins of the ancient city of Hierapolis, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. A little further away but very worth seeing.
- Termessos: An ancient city in the mountains above Antalya. The ancient city of Termessos is about 35 kilometers northwest of Antalya, about 1.000 meters above sea level, in the midst of a beautiful mountain landscape.
- Karain Cave: Also called Black Cave, it is located about 27 kilometers northwest of Antalya.
- Cappadocia: You can see the cave city of Cappadocia and with a Hot air balloon fly over the volcanic landscape. The tour lasts two to three days.
- Old town of Antalya: Visit the old town of Antalya.
Beaches in Kalkan
Kalkan is one of the natural beauties of the Mediterranean Sea, with beaches and bays, green areas and the coast with the clear Mediterranean waters, it is the most beautiful summer vacation.
Bars, Pubs and Clubs in Kalkan
Kalkan is a beautiful seaside resort with a warm and friendly atmosphere and a colorful world of entertainment, especially in summer.
Eat in Kalkan
Kalkan prefers Mediterranean cuisine. Seafood, meat dishes, salads and olive oil dishes adorn the restaurant's menu.
Shopping in Kalkan
Besides the shops in the center of Kalkan, the stalls set up and their exquisite souvenirs also attract the attention of domestic and foreign tourists. Textile products, ceramic products, decorations reminiscent of the city, colorful soaps and jewelry are the products you will find in the center. Shopping options include organic vegetables and fruit from the neighborhood market that opened Thursday.
How much does a holiday in Kalkan cost
Since the costs vary greatly depending on the season and your own preferences, only the average costs are considered here.
Package tour with all inclusive 1 week
- from €300 in the off-season
- from €450 in high season
- from €700 in high season in a 4-star hotel
- Budget hotel or guesthouse with Breakfast: €15 to €30 per day
- Mid-range hotel with all inclusive: €40 to €80 per day
- AirBnB: own room from €10, own apartment from €50
- Return flight from Germany to Antalya: €70 to €500, depending on the season and airline
- Single journey by bus: up to €1
- Airport transfer in collection bus: €10 to €20
- Taxi to the airport: €40 to €50. Private transfer from €35.
- Day trip, for example Pamukkale: 50 € to 70 € incl. entrance fee and food
Eat, Drinks and other:
- Restaurant in tourist area, main course: €7 to €25
- Local restaurant, main course: €3 to €10
- Street food: Simit 50 cents, Rotary €1,50, corn on the cob 50 cents, Dürüm €1,50
- Glass of wine in the restaurant: €3
- Glass of beer: €2,50
- Cocktails: from €8
- Bottle of water in store: 50 cents
- Groceries in stores: around 20% cheaper than in Germany
- Food at the bazaar: fruit and vegetables are 40% cheaper than in Germany
- Budget: €40 to €70 per day
- Mid-range: €60 to €100 per day
Climate table, weather and the ideal travel time for Kalkan
Kalkan has a Mediterranean Climate & Environment with hot and dry summers and mild winters.
|Month||Temperature||More||Hours of sunshine||Rainydays|
|January||5 - 15 ° C||17 ° C||4||12|
|February||7 - 15 ° C||18 ° C||5||11|
|March||8 - 18 ° C||19 ° C||7||10|
|April||10 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|Mai||15 - 27 ° C||22 ° C||10||7|
|June||20 -32 ° C||23 ° C||12||3|
|July||23 - 35 ° C||25 ° C||12||1|
|August||24 - 35 ° C||28 ° C||10||1|
|September||20 - 32 ° C||26 ° C||9||2|
|October||16 - 28 ° C||22 ° C||8||7|
|November||15 - 22 ° C||20 ° C||7||9|
|December||7 - 16 ° C||17 ° C||5||13|
High season, June to September:
In summer, Kalkan has a constant 30° during the day, the sun is shining and there is sometimes a light breeze. In the summer months it rains maybe a maximum of one day a month. September is the ideal Weather for a beach vacation.
Low season, April and May:
April starts in Kalkan with 20° warm weather. The sea is still 20° and towards May it warms up quite quickly. Bring a sweater or light jacket on April nights as it can be windy and chilly at times.
Even in October, the thermometer still reaches 30° for many days in Kalkan, and it rarely rains.
Along with the surrounding seaside resorts, Kalkan is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Turkey for long-term winter vacations. In addition, tens of thousands of German immigrants have now settled in the province of Antalya. Kalkan has a very mild winter climate. The temperature is rarely below 10°. Even in January it can sometimes get over 20° warm and sunny.
Kalkan in the past and today
Kalkan is a tourist attraction in Kaş District, Antalya Province, southern Turkey. It is about 27 kilometers west of Nov in the Mediterranean Sea, at the foot of the Taurus Mountains.
Apart from Kaş, Kalkan is the only place between Fethiye and Antalya, which still has a lot of fishing going on. This place has been developed for tourism since 1980, but there is no mass tourism here.